Friday, June 1, 2012

Listen to your body.

I've pushed myself hard this week.  Probably too hard.  Between having my kids, starting this lazy man challenge & temps over 105 all week, I think I exhausted myself.  So, I did nothing yesterday.  And that's ok.  My body needs time to rest & recoup.  And I can't even really say i did "nothing".  I took a nap, which is good, getting plenty of sleep will ensure that I have the energy to do the workouts that I want to be doing.  I ate clean.  AND I started a 14-day Acai Berry Cleanse.  I've been doing these "detoxes" once a month & they really do help.  I feel less bloated, it cleans me out from the inside, and keeps me regular.  :)  

The bottom line that I've come to conclude, is that if you're good to your body, you're body will be good to you.  I'm absolutely not an expert, I'm not perfect by any means in doing this (remember, I'm a smoker) but I know that I feel better when I'm actively making good decisions about what goes into my body and what I'm doing to try & strengthen my body through working out.  I plan on taking another nap this afternoon (remember, I'm old and I start work at 5am!  Lol) and then picking back up with some kind of workout.  I know my kids would be thrilled if that included pool time, so I think I'll need to make that happen.  Biking is something else I'm thinking needs to happen.  We'll see.  But I got this.  I can do hard things.


OH!  AND I have a new hiking partner!  My friend Mandy and I are going to get together as often as we can to go do some hiking.  It's going to be a blast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment