Saturday, June 16, 2012

Back in the saddle.

This last week was absolutely brutal for me.  I had my kids, who didn't want to do any more walking after Tuesday, and therefor I got no additional work outs either.  I know I could've & should've done something around the house that would have been considered a work out, but for whatever reason, I was just so exhausted mentally & physically I didn't do anything.  So, starting today, I'm re-dedicating myself to daily workouts.  This morning I got in 10 miles on the stationary bike.  It felt really good to be sweaty!  You know, a year ago I wouldn't have said that!  I have always hated being sweaty but it seems so refreshing these days, for whatever reason.  Probably because I know I'm doing something for myself, accomplishing something only I can accomplish.  There's absolute satisfaction in knowing this.  :)

I also did a little bit of grocery shopping today to stock up on needed items for the week, so I can get back on track with my healthy eating habits.  Mainly, I wanted to be able to make this:
This is my new addition to my healthy eating menu.  It's two handfuls of baby spinach, two bananas, one cup of chunk pineapple, one cup of low fat yogurt (I used plain), and a cup of water.  It looks really weird & pretty gross, but it's seriously yummy!  I'm going to drink one a day, it's supposed to really help in weight loss.
Even though I veered from my "plan" for a week, and even though the scale said I am back up to 239 after my week of no work outs and eating dinners with my girls, I'm not throwing in the towel!  I've got a long way to go, but I have to keep reminding myself how far I've already come.  I will not stop until I'm satisfied with the body I see when I look in the mirror and know that I'm at a healthy weight for my age & height.  I got this.  I can do hard things.



No comments:

Post a Comment