Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Slow & steady wins the race.

My Lazy Man Iron man family challenge started Memorial Day, May 28th, 2012.  The challenge is to have completed 26.2mi on foot, 112mi on bike, and 2.4mi swimming before July 4th, 2012.  As of today, I have 15 days to finish 3.65mi on foot, 64.08mi on the bike, & .9mi in the pool.  I SO got this!  This challenge was presented to me last December as well and I gave up pretty quickly, I kept allowing things that come up to be excuses as to why I wouldn't be able to accomplish this or that.  Not this time, I have been determined from the start that I will finish this one, hopefully by June 30th.  My tentative plan is to do 10mi on the bike every night for the next 6 days, and then just 5mi on the 7th day.  That will put me slightly over what's required.  From there, I'll be able to finish up the rest, no problem.  This will be such an amazing accomplishment for me, never in my life have I done anything even close to this.  It feels SO GOOD.  And once I finish this up, I can start training for my next big event, which I will discuss after I'm done.  I don't want to get ahead of myself, I need to stay focused!  So here's a pic of me after doing the 10mi on the bike last night.


If I keep losing the way I have been (roughly 10lbs/month) I should be able to reach my goal sometime between January & February.  That's amazing!!  But I need to keep focused on today.  I need to eat clean today, workout dirty, sleep good, & laugh...a lot!


I got this.  I can do hard things.


No comments:

Post a Comment