Sunday, June 3, 2012

No pain, no gain.

It's Sunday and I was wide awake at 6:30am.  Stupid.  Lol.  So I decided to go to the workout room at my complex & ride the stationary bike for a little while.  I am not a fan of stationary anything, bike, treadmill, etc.  I get bored.  I like being outside, I can look around, groove to my music & clear my head.  The scenery doesn't change when stationary.  But, I did it.  I was on that bike for 1 hour 10 mins & I figure that puts me in at about 10mi.  Woot!  It doesn't look like I did much from this pic, I wish I would've taken a pic of my back, it was soaked through.  Pretty satisfying.  :)


Since summer is upon us, I've really been wanting to get some kind of hydration backpack to wear while I'm out walking or biking or whatever.  I finally got one this week!  It's a 2L pack & has a little pocket in the front for me to put my car keys or whatever while I'm working out.  Here's a pic of said pack:


It was a pretty good buy, I found it at WalMart for $20.  There are bigger, prettier, fancier ones available, but they can get pricey.  For my purposes, it's pretty perfect & I'm pretty stoked about it.

I wanted to try out the pack tonight, so I went to my favorite spot to do some walking, the Riparian Preserve.  There's something about that place, it's peaceful, pretty & a lot of the trail is dirt, so I'm not walking on scorching hot pavement the whole time.  Tonight I did 3.4mi, and oh man, was I a sweaty mess when I got done!


After my workouts today, walking around getting stuff together for the week, I think I may actually be sore tomorrow!  I don't know if it's correct or not, but I associate being sore with having actually done something that's worked.  So call me crazy, but I hope I am, in fact, sore tomorrow.  They say "no pain, no gain" so that's what I'm shooting for.  I got this.  I can do hard things.


No comments:

Post a Comment