Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Too much time off.

Admittedly, I've not done much in the way of working out over the last few days.  :(  I've been busy running around all over the place trying to make sure my kids get to appointments, going to & from work, & to be completely honest, I'm exhausted!  Still, it's not a very good excuse, I should be able to make time to get something done in the way of working out, even if it's just some jumping jacks & push ups in my living room. I need to get back on track, pronto!  So last night was the first walk or anything I've done since Friday.  I took my girls and met up with Kim & her kiddos at the Riparian Preserve in Gilbert, AZ.  I LOVE walking there, and so do the kids!
Here's a shot of my and my girls waiting impatiently for the rest of the gang to show up.  :)

We were able to get in a pretty good walk last night, despite the disgusting temp of 108.  Sick!  It just gets way too hot in AZ.  Only 3 more months until it cools back down.  If we're lucky.  We walked 1.76mi in 33 minutes.  Considering we had 5 kids with us, I think we rocked it!
So the lesson I've learned over the last week-ish is that it's really not worth it to convince myself that I can't do a work out when my kids are with me.  Because now I'm going to have to step it up big time next week while they're at their dad's.  I'm going to have to be on the stationary bike every day for an hour, at the very least, along with keeping up with my walking & swimming.  I WILL finish the mileage in all areas for this Lazy Man Iron Man before the 4th of July.  I got this.  I can do hard things.


No comments:

Post a Comment