Saturday, June 2, 2012

Determination

I took 2 days "off" from workouts because this week kicked my butt and it was over 105 every day.  I don't have a gym membership so pretty much everything I've been doing lately has been outside.  In the heat.  In the early evening.  Yuck.  But, my week with my daughters ended last night and even though today would've been the first chance for me to sleep in on a Saturday in months, I was up at 8:30am to catch up on some walking.  It's amazing to me that now, since I'm in the habit of doing daily workouts, how much I seem to miss doing it when I skip a few days.  I really do enjoy working out and how it makes me feel when I'm done.  I feel accomplished, which is something that feels good no matter what form it comes in.

When I left for my walk around 8:30am, it was 81 degrees outside.  After walking 3.05mi, which took me about 50 minutes, I checked the weather again (cause I was sweating like a pig!) and it was already up to 90 degrees.  A 9 degree increase in under an hour.  Yuck.

About an hour after I got home, I realized that I'd gotten a little sunburned.  :(  I really needed to go out and get some mileage on my bike today, but I didn't want to get fried.  So, I did a few things around the house, re-purposed an old, over sized t-shirt into a workout tank top & took a nap.  Here's the pattern I followed to re-purpose my t-shirt:
It was super easy, but it's a lot more time consuming if you're like me & don't have a sewing machine.  That's something I hope will be rectified in the near future, however.  I have so many ideas!

After my nap, I decided to go down to the pool & do some more laps.  Before July 4th gets here, for my Lazy Man Iron Man, I have to complete 2.4mi swimming.  After the .5mi I did tonight, I'm already 1.5mi done!  It feels pretty good!!  


My plan for tomorrow morning is to go down to the exercise room by the pool at my complex to try & catch up on my biking mileage down there.  It's a really old bike & it doesn't even track mileage anymore, but I've been averaging about 35 minutes to bike 5 miles out in the neighborhood, so I think I'll be able to make a pretty good guess.  And it's better to be in the AC that outside getting fried by the hot sun.  My skin will thank me.  :)  I got this.  I can do hard things.



1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure your lack of a gym makes you even more awesome for all this lazy man stuff. Yep.

    ReplyDelete