Monday, June 4, 2012

It's too hot.

This picture will speak for itself.  After ending up NOT being sore today from all the hard work I did yesterday, determined to do more today to make my body hurt & feel some changes, I decided to go for a walk at 5:30pm, my weather app said it was "only" 100 degrees outside, and I made the brilliant decision to walk along the canal just south of where I live where there is absolutely no shade available whatsoever for the whole mile it covers.  Stupid, yes.  I had my hydration pack on, but it didn't seem to make a whole lot of difference.  I felt pretty nauseous by the time I was done.  Thankfully, I didn't puke.  I was able to get in 3.1mi (5k) before dragging myself home.  I've come to the realization that I'm either going to have to learn to like the treadmill in the work out room here at my complex or get up at 3am to walk before work.  I'm not excited about either option.  But I'll figure something out.  I got this.  I can do hard things.


No comments:

Post a Comment