Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Trying to get my groove back.

I'm not sure if it's my week off of work outs or my genuine dislike for the stationary bike, but man I'm having a really hard time enjoying working out this week.  I get so bored & restless on the stationary after the 1st 20 minutes & then my butt starts falling asleep and/or hurting, so I'm constantly shuffling around in the seat trying to get back to a comfortable position for the remaining half hour or so, completely unable to do so.  Oh well, I only have about 6 more days of doing it and the Lazy Man Iron Man will be completed & I can move on.  Yay!!  I like taking pics of myself after my workouts to show how sweaty & nasty I get (because sweat is fat crying) but when I bike, all of the sweat accumulates on my back & butt & haven't been able to get a good shot of it because, well, it's my back.  I finally got a pretty good angle on it last night.  :)

For your viewing pleasure, this is what it looks like right after I finish 10mi.  Gross, I know!



So I've been looking for new recipes & food ideas on Pinterest, because quite frankly, I'm getting bored with what I've been eating & am a lot more aware these days of how many calories I should be consuming in a day along with what I'm burning in my work outs to continue to lose weight.  I found this idea for a low calorie cream cheese/salsa "wrap" and added 5oz cooked chopped chicken to the recipe as well.  It's supposed to be an appetizer, but I made it dinner.  :)  I also put it in my George Foreman grill for a few minutes to seal the tortilla & melt the cheese a little & just warm it up in general.  Delicious!!  Here's the link with all the info:

Not seeing myself from the back all that often for obvious reasons, as I keep glancing at the pic above, it's getting really apparent to me that what I'm doing is definitely working and I need to keep it up and just finish this week & move along.  I got this.  I can do hard things.


No comments:

Post a Comment