Sunday, June 17, 2012

Attitude of grattitude.

I was apparently having a "fat day" yesterday when I got on the scale & it showed that I was back up to 239, because this morning it said 234!!!!  GAH!  Even after doing basically nothing all week last week, my body kept processing food as if I had been & I'm down the poundage that I've required myself to lose to justify a new tattoo!  WOOT!  I can't necessarily afford to do it right away, but just knowing that I'm still on the downward spiral is such good news to me.  :)
I didn't get in any mileage on the stationary bike today like I needed to, but I did meet up with my bestie, Kimmy Jo, & we had a good walk at the Riparian Preserve.  It was REALLY hot today, the weather stations were saying it was an "extreme heat advisory" day & even at 6pm, it was still 110 degrees.  Gross!  But we got in a good 2.9 miles in 50 minutes.  Yay us!!

It was very apparent to me tonight while walking that it's been entirely too long since I've done consistent work outs.  I struggled tonight.  Between my "lazy" week & the heat the walk tonight was pretty brutal.  But we finished & were happy with the time & distance.  


It truly does feel good to be working out again & sweating & over coming all the mental road blocks of "it's too hard".  My body is capable of so much more than what my brain tells me it is, and as long as I remember that & keep pushing myself just that little extra bit, this journey will continue to be successful & amazing.  I got this.  I can do hard things.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment