Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sweat is fat crying!

Knowing, or rather feeling, like I needed to step it up tonight for the Lazy Man Iron Man and for my own personal lifestyle change, my girls & I took a bike ride.  The last ride we did, on Monday, all 3 of us did 3.42mi and we were ok with it because it was later in the evening & absolutely gorgeous outside.  Tonight it was a little earlier & warmer, so my girls were done after the 3.42, but I wanted to push it a little more.  I made it 4.5mi!!  And let me tell you, it was work!  My legs felt like Jello & I have to be completely honest, biking really makes my butt hurt!  But I pushed through & was happy I did.  Here's a post biking pic.
After the bike ride & while I waited for dinner to be done cooking ("Taco Loaf" is what we're calling it) I decided to give the cardio circuit workout a try that I intended to do last night.  As a reminder, it's this:


 And since I'm pretty much a beginner, I wasn't able to do it all.  I did everything up to the jumping jacks, but only 25.  No wall sits.  I will try to increase the jumping jacks daily until I get to the 80 (x3) & until I can do the wall sits as well.  It's progress; it's a journey.  This is what I looked like after finishing this modified circuit:

I keep seeing the phrase "sweat is fat crying" all over Pinterest & have taken it up as part of my personal mantra.  Sweating has never been anything I've ever enjoyed, but now, it lets me know that I'm doing something right & that results will follow.  AND showers are even more enjoyable.  :)  So, I'll move along & keep sweating because I got this.  I can do hard things.

No comments:

Post a Comment