Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Little More Off the Top.

Fatigue got the best of me yesterday, so I did not do the circuit exercise that I posted about yesterday.  :(  BUT, I did do my walking & swimming to continue on in my Lazy Man Iron Man competition, and my two lovely daughters joined me.  There's a Riparian Preserve in Gilbert, AZ, just a few miles away from where I live, that's become a favorite place of mine to go on walks.  It breaks up the monotony of walking through the neighborhood where I live.  However, I wasn't really paying attention to the weather yesterday, and going at 3pm turned into a pretty bad idea.  It was hot!  And since the sun was pretty much directly above us, there wasn't much shade, either.  But we pushed through & got in a decent walk, 1.87mi.  :)  I think today my best bet is going to be to go home, take a little bit of a nap, and then try & do some biking later tonight when it's a little bit cooler.  Like after the sun goes down!  Oh, and on a side note, my right leg is covered in some kind of insect bites, from my knee down to my ankle.  Not a happy camper about that, I guess I'll have to wear longer pants the next time I walk there.  :/


It was hot, but we're still smiling...1.87mi walk.
Because it was so ridiculously hot and we were all a sweaty mess after our walk, we decided that pool time was the best idea!  The pool felt SO GOOD and I was able to get in some laps to count towards the swimming portion of my Lazy Man Iron Man.

.5mi in the pool, a total of 1 mile of swimming in the last 2 days.  Only 1.4mi left to go!

Even though I didn't do much exercising over the weekend & I haven't felt sore yet this week or included any additional exercise yet, I got on the scale this morning to check anyway (I tend to be a little overly obsessed with the number on that stupid machine, I should probably find a way to fix that) and I'm down a pound!  239lbs as of today!  I don't know if I've mentioned this yet, but as a motivator, I've decided that for every 10lbs I lose, I'm going to allow myself to get a new tattoo.  I'm halfway to my next one!  When I get to 234lbs, I'll be in the tat shop.  Another 5lbs is nothing.  I got this.  I can do hard things.


No comments:

Post a Comment