Friday, May 25, 2012

Goals

Growing up, my mom & dad had me & my brothers write out New Year's Resolutions every year.  It was actually a pretty fun process.  We'd read the ones from the year before, toss them into the fireplace & watch them burn up & write out new ones for the year to come.  I think that (realistic) goals, long term and short term, are crucial for anything in life.  Here are some of mine, starting with long term:

1.  Healthy goal weight, 160-167lbs.
2.  When I sit down, I want my boobs to stick out further than my stomach.
3.  I don't want my thighs to rub together when I walk.
4.  Complete a 5k RUNNING.
5.  Complete a 10k.
6.  To be able to see my collar bone.
7.  Quit smoking.
8.  Motivate my girls to be healthier eaters/more active.
9.  Be able to wear a bikini (not that I actually WOULD, just to be able to try one on, look good in it, & feel comfortable).
10.  No more love handles, muffin top, back fat, chicken wing arms, or under boob fat.

Short term:
1.  Focus on only 10lbs. at a time.
2.  Exercise daily, even if it's only for 20 minutes.
3.  Eat clean!  But enjoy cheat meals (days) without guilt.
4.  Stay positive, don't beat myself up if I slip up here or there.
5.  Stay honest with myself.  (This blog will be a big help with that!)
6.  Accountability.  Every night that I go on a walk or do a workout, I take a pic of myself, post it to Facebook & tag my little brother in it, announcing what I've done.  My little brother & my best friend, Kim, have been such a great support system for me & it's good for me to be able to check in with these two & keep them up to date on what I'm doing.
7.  Try new things.  I really want to sign up for either boxing or kickboxing in the near future.
8.  Stay open minded & willing to take suggestions.
9.  Involve my kids in my workouts.
10.  Stay focused on why I'm doing this; I didn't gain the weight over night, it's not going to come off over night.

So, some of these are a little redundant and maybe somewhat silly, but whatever, these are the things I'm aspiring towards.  I got this.  I can do hard things.

1 comment:

  1. Why wouldn't you wear a bikini?! You better DO that!

    ReplyDelete